MEprotect/emp is a Windows application for configuring and monitoring your protection relay. It connects to the MEprotect relay via USB, secure Bluetooth (useful since there is no need to open panel doors to connect) or via Ethernet if the network communication expansion module is present.
MEprotect/emp provides a comprehensive suite of engineering, parameterisation and surveillance tools, including:
- Statistical data, such as equipment stops and starts, active and reactive energy utilisation, running/online hours, availability, utilisation, etc. to assist with predictive maintenance
- Faults log (last 35 faults) time stamped with the fault description, running/online hours of the equipment, current maximum, voltage minimum and breaker clearance time used for maintenance planning (available in Excel format / SAP uploadable)
- Events log (last 1440 events): same data as fault logs but including events, warnings, etc.
- Protection configuration: parameterisation of all protection blocks (PBs), including a simulated mode where equivalent values are injected into the PBs to verify correct operation
- Spectrum analyser: up to the 9th harmonic (core variant) and 31st harmonic (essence & pro variants) as a power quality analyser and for assessing line filtering needs
- Logic engineering: control functions including alarm flags, trip flags, timer outputs, function-block outputs, RTC output, starter outputs, digital field inputs, PLC inputs, creation of functionblocks (FBs), etc.
- Real-time display: comprehensive information about the protected equipment showing voltage, current, active and reactive power + energy, temperatures, etc. related to the protection block(s) (PBs) for the protected equipment
- Simulation: interactive or pre-programmed injection of current, voltage, fault, phase angle, etc. information to test PBs and related control and FB logic. Also useful as a training aid for maintenance and operational personnel.
- Three-phase recorder: records the protected equipment’s currents, voltages, thermal capacity and power factor (as applicable). The equipment’s motor performance can be monitored and analysed in real time. Particularly useful when tripping occurs for no obvious reason, alleviates to an extent the need for sophisticated equipment to be carried around the plant