The Mitsubishi Compact MELSEC-F series has been reborn as the MELSEC iQ-F Series, offering enhanced high-speed bus, expanded built-in functions, advanced SSCNETIII/H support, and an improved engineering environment. Program and parameters are set with the GXWorks3 engineering software. From stand-alone use to networked system application, the MELSEC iQ-F takes your business to the next level of the industry.
The world’s best selling compact PLC just got even better
With the launch of the FX5 compact PLC, Mitsubishi Electric has made the world’s best selling PLC even better. Since the launch of the original FX over 30 years ago, Mitsubishi Electric has sold over 13 million units across the globe.
As the first compact PLC to be seen in the European market, the FX transformed automation by bringing PLC control and functionality into smaller, lower-cost applications that would previously have had to rely solely on discrete relay-based logic. Each generation of the FX has set new standards, and not only in the compact controllers class.
Bring outstanding performance and to your machines.
The iQ-F Series is Mitsubishi Electric’s compact control platform. The FX5U model provides a cost-effective solution that boasts ease of use, functionality, and high performance in a small panel footprint. Ideal for small to medium machines, the FX5U and FX5UC controllers enable faster decision making with access to real-time data and improved machine accuracy and throughput. The FX5U and FX5UC are keys to a more profitable manufacturing environment.
- Faster machine response and increased productivity with 34 ns execution speed
- Flexible architecture and expansion options to easily standardize for a variety of applications
- Open connectivity and flexible networking with Ethernet, Modbus and serial communications options
- Enhanced security options to protect intellectual property
- Motion control capability in a compact controller platform, reducing cost and simplifying the design
- Embedded Ethernet port – Access to Ethernet networks increases connectivity to other devices and provides access to data for making real-time decisions.
- Built-in SD card slot – The FX5U has the capability to upload and download programs, store data, and authenticate security from an SD card.
- Large memory capacity – Increased memory allows for more complex programs, and increased capacity for comments, labels and data logging.
- Embedded analog – The FX5U provides low cost, simple PID control.to upload and download programs, store data, and authenticate security from an SD card.
Superior Drive Control
- Inverter control – Control up to 16 Mitsubishi inverters over RS-485 using dedicated inverter communication instructions. It is simple to read/write parameters, monitor, and control networked Mitsubishi inverters with the FX5U.
- Positioning – The FX5U comes with a built-in capacity for 200kHz high-speed inputs and outputs. This provides the capability to control up to 4 axes of positioning with stepper or servo motors. The FX5U is a cost-effective solution for interrupt operation, multistage speed operation, simple linear interpolation, and simultaneous start of 2 axes.
- Simple Motion module – The Simple Motion module (FX5-40SSC-S or FX5-80SSC-S) provides motion functionality for up to 4 or 8 axes of motion over SSCNET III/H. This compact controller has the capability for applications that require advanced synchronous control, cam control, speed‑torque control, and can be connected to FR-A800 VFDs.
Intuitive Programming Environment
- Graphical interface – Easily configure a system and set parameters in GX Works3 programming software.
- Multiple programming languages – IEC 61131 programming languages are supported, and can even be used in the same project simultaneously. This flexibility allows the user to program in the most efficient manner for their application.
- Motion setup tool – GX Works3 eliminates the need for additional software when using the Simple Motion module.
Enhanced performance and ease of use for any machine
FX5UJ, which excels in cost performance, is equipped with various built-in functions which earned popularity in FX5U(C) and promotes increased ease of use.
Enhanced built-in functions
- Supports positioning of up to 3 axes
- Output pulse trains of 200 kpps (transistor output)
The CPU module has 8 channels of built-in high-performance high-speed counters. This enables match output and range output control that does not depend on the scan time.