As a Software Developer at Adroit Technologies, you will be responsible for assisting and managing the architecture, implementation and maintenance of one or more components of their Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Adroit .
Guided by senior developers your primary focus will be maintenance and coding of new technology software components for use in the SCADA suite . Your code will be written in a timely and scalable way while providing robust optimization. Ultimately, your work will impact the codebase of our product in a meaningful way.
We’re looking for developers with a passion for software programming, curious about new technologies and who aspire to deliver highly technical solutions to facilitate critical requirements of businesses in many fields.
A diverse set of interests and skills in application development on the Microsoft Windows platform would be preferable although mobile and web development experience would be considered advantageous.
The nature of our software and the solutions we provide make for an ever-changing set of requirements and thus individuals who are willing to adapt and learn new skills and technologies would thrive in this environment.
While the roles would form part of a greater team of developers working in concert, a degree of autonomy; self-reliance and innovation are key attributes that prospective developers must possess.
- Completed Software Development Degree / Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Software Development with proficiency in C++ and/or C# programming on the Windows platform. Opportunities may exist in the future for programming on the Apple and Android platforms.
- Experience working with high-load and high-traffic production systems is a plus
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
- Write clean, secure, maintainable, testable, and modular codes
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Consult with internal stakeholders and fellow colleagues concerning maintenance/enhancements and development of the system
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Work with the team as a whole to ensure that a project makes it over the finish line on time
- Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Document code revision changes, work progress, database changes and operational requirements in the source code management system (source control software)
- When brainstorming new ideas, you will need to be present & understand the problem at hand and offer solutions that are both innovative & realistic
- Work in a team environment using agile methodology, with a focus on predictability for our corporate clients
- Ability to function as part of and support the team while also being able to self-manage and act autonomously when called upon. Those who prefer to be micro-managed will not thrive in this environment.
- Be an authentic, empathetic, and enthusiastic member of the team
- Applicants must be South African with a valid South African ID
- We will reply to applications that get shortlisted only. Therefore, please deem your application as unsuccessful if you have not received feedback after 7 days.
- Work references, criminal checks and qualification checks may be done on the successful candidate
- You may be asked to complete a Technical Assessment
How to Apply:
For your application to be considered, please email your CV to email@example.com. Only candidates with suitable Software Development experience will be contacted.
We will reply to applications that get shortlisted only. Therefore, please deem your application as unsuccessful if you have not received feedback after 7 days.